Onerent needs to be added as an "Additional Insured" party on your property's insurance policy. This is in the best interest of both you as the owner and us as the manager.

To add Onerent as an Additional Insured, contact your insurance agent or company and request to add Onerent, Inc. as an "Additional Insured" party on the homeowner's insurance for that particular property.

Some helpful tips in setting up insurance correctly for property management:

  • Make certain that your insurance agent understands that Onerent be added as an "Additional Insured", rather than simply "Additional Interest."

  • You may encounter an insurance agent who charges a fee to add the Additional Insured party. These fees are uncommon but typically small if they exist. The overall cost-effectiveness of your policy may compensate for the one-time fee.

  • Please be careful if a property management company tells you that an additional insured endorsement on your policy is not important. Carefully question their rationale, and make sure you have contemplated the risks.

Did this answer your question?