For property owners who are using Poplar Homes’ (formerly Onerent) ongoing monthly services, we provide a standard 1099 form as required by the IRS. This form outlines the amount of rent and expenses generated by your Poplar Homes portfolio over the past year. If you have any questions regarding analysis of the form check out the government resources or visit a local tax lawyer or accountant.

If you are a current owner who would like to inquire about your 1099 form, please email our finance team at

Some more notes on the subject:

What Is a Form 1099?

The 1099 form is one of several IRS tax forms used to prepare and file an information return to report various types of income other than wages, salaries, and tips. The term, information return, is used in contrast to the term, tax return.

Is a Form 1099 the Same as a W-2?

While a W-2 reports wages, salaries, and tips, a 1099 reports many other kinds of income. There are many different varieties of 1099 form, and each one is used to report different, specific types of income.

When can I get a copy of my Form 1099?

If you already verified your correct tax details, you may expect a physical copy of your Form 1099-Misc to be received through mail by first week of February.

For other concerns, you may send us an inquiry via webchat on your dashboard.

Did this answer your question?